Leadership is difficult and while there are many courses out there, most of them focus on the relationship between the leaders and their followers. But leadership starts within. This 4 Pillars workshop introduces you to a self-focused process, which will help you to improve your leadership confidence and therefore the trust between you and your followers.
Agile practices for teams such as HR or Software or even in leadership deal well to keep an open relationship between the leaders and the followers. But those practices rarely touch leadership from within the leader: What if the leader feels not empowered to do decisions? What if the leader is afraid and therefore won't do decisions? What if a leader doubts her capabilities in leadership to do the right thing?
Our self-developed leadership process 4 Pillars - leadership from within - is based on ever-growing scientific evidence, that the following leadership process based on 4 Pillars, can help to create a trustful relationship between the doubtful and insecure leader with the team.
The 4 Pillars of leadership within are:
- Integrity or acting consistently and without compromise on the basis of your selected ethical principles and values.
- Vulnerability or the willingness of being exposed to the possibility of being hurt or attacked from individuals or situations.
- Empathy or the ability to feel your team’ specific challenges, concerns and emotions before making decisions.
- Adaptability or the ability to anticipate when conditions around you change and being able to adjust to those changes.
In this 1-day workshop, we expect participants to bring their current challenges and issues into the workshop. Together as a group, we will experience the leadership on a very individual basis to create clear options and ideas for moving forward into a trustful relationship between leaders and followers.
- Understanding teams as complex adaptive systems.
Teams and organizations are not static forms, but living organisms. Therefore, we need other leadership forms than traditional Command & Control.
- Check-in to the course with 2 qualities
Getting ready into this course with being mindful and developing a growth mindset.
- Gather and create Awareness on your challenges
We are constantly confronted with challenges we need to solve for our organization. This can include transformational, restructuring or transformational decisions.
- Pillar 1: Vulnerability
Often, we are stopping ourselves from solving a problem because we are afraid of something. Addressing the fear will help us create more clarity over our goals.
- Pillar 2: Empathy
The potential team's reaction to our behaviors can significantly hinder our leadership capability. Empathy is about knowing their reaction and as a consequence feel more confident in our decision-making.
- Pillar 3: Integrity
When confronted with several options, we sometimes just go for the quick and easy solutions instead for the right solution. Connecting your decision back to your values will support you to stay authentic.
- Pillar 4: Adaptability
The world is changing constantly. Therefore, our decisions need to be adaptable to the changes happening around us.
- Managers or Leaders, who struggle within their position and their influence over the team.
- Managers or Leaders, who doubt their leadership skills are sufficient for the task.
- Empowerment, Engagement, Competence or Organizational Developers or Builders.
- Change Agents, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Engineering Managers.